Monday, June 12, 2006

the week didn't end

I don't feel i had much of a weekend.

Friday night was fun. Travis joined me at SLC for a latin rythms class, he did very well considering he had never been. Then we went for a run. Nothing to top off the night like a few plate fulls of greasy food and some beer.
Oh and a job offer, we left with a business card in my pocket and an invitation to come discuss employment.
Perhaps I will be a server once again
i miss the cash

Saturday i was up early, couldn't sleep. eventually moved everything out of my room and into the other one to prepare for painting.
Walls got washed, fixtures removed. I looked at the empty room with doom hanging over my head. I was not ready for this much work. I only wanted to sleep, or curl up on the couch with my cat purring beside me.

I started with the ceiling. and a long roller, Painting that bumpy white glue is not a fun task. Luckily the old was yellowed enough that i could see hwere i had been. My arms were cold from the lack of circulation. I contemplated leaving it for the next day. I took a few breaks through-out the day, to break up the monotany, but as i was checking my email, or staring at the wall, i felt guilty, i need to be painting, i have to get it done. so i would always return to my room with heavy feet, hoping it would be done or some natural disaster would take me away.

I finished late saturday, and had to sleep on the couch, the room was pretty fume-y and i already felt weird.
Wasn't the best sleep I ever had. I got caught in the cracks and couldn't move, the cat had perched himself on my waist, or on my legs, or by my neck, mewing if i moved, desperate not to be put to the floor and forced to sleep alone. I looked at him, sleeping contently with his head twisted around backward like only cats can do, looking so so adorable, i could't bring myself to disrupt his sleep. my legs ached with stiffness. I drifted off to sleep.

Sunday i spent moving everything back onto my room, outting back the insides of the closet, and then trying to navigate through the excessivly large amount of clothes i have, wondering how I got so many, I only ever remember wearing like 3 things. I moved funiture, i moved boxes, and cases of stuff, my stuff, stuff that sits there, stuff i dont need. stuff i just can't bring myself to get rid of. so its sits there, hoping to one day be remembered, and used.

I collapsed into bed alot later then i hoped, the cat squeaked, he was tried, he jsut wanted something to curl up on.

I lay in bed, and let him sleep on my leg, finally i drifted off, only to be roused by my alarm. Work. Monday, Blah, bitterness.

I am going to bed early

2 comments:

Shannon said...

lack of sleep sucks, I hate Christine McGee and her facts about good sleep and how beneficial it is. Hope Monday went well.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»