He was a funny cat last night.
I went upstairs to find him. He was out the back door, in the almost dusk light, ears perked forward, tail twitching at the end, staring into the grass, his body tightened and he pounced on to another spot of grass. repeating the process. He sees things in the grass. The little bugs that come out at night to feed, or escape the heat of day. Its my cats favorite time.
A robin perches on the corner of our tall fence. The bugs have been forgotton, he climbs onto the wood pile that sits along side the clay fire flute. the side of his white body, red from brushing against it. he stares up at the robin. the robin stares down at him, chirping away, taunting him with his song. I longed for my camera. cletis puts a paw on the fence. wishing he could shut the bird up, hoping for a tasty treat. the bird flys away mocking him
I call him.
"baby come here".
he looks over at me, his eyes big with wonder. he meows,
" hi momma, one more minute"
I laugh and he pounces on some more bugs.
" C' mon Cletis " I call, " bed time"
He happily meows and comes bounding in the door, straight up the stairs to my room.
he curls up on my legs and purrs me to sleep.
He's the best cat to brighten your mood.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i love hearing your voice stretch, insistent of its rightful place in the (dis)order of things.
a.
xo
tan lines?
Post a Comment