I took a class on communication. They taught us about Filters of others.
Filters, are how people interpret what you are saying, depending on their mood, the days events and other personal issues.
One day, you could say something to a person, and it will be taken as you meant it. a joke perhaps, the next time, they could get angry. Something else has changed in their lives, and comment is no longer funny.
you have to take all this into consideration before you even think about speaking. Not everyone does.
My side.
Today i made a comment. In my mind, it was valid. The information was based on one event,
and one event alone. It made sense. It wasn't rude or out of line. I contributed, others didn't, for one specific event.
Reality:
the information was not based on one event, but several over a long period of time.
[ I now look like a total **]
Other persons side.
It was rude because it was based on more then one event. Events at which all parties were in attendance. How could I make a comment like that. Everyone deserved it.
Maybe none of this even makes sense. it does to me. so anyways. if you say something, and someone reacts differently then how you expected, or hoped. keep in mind they could be dealing with stuff. stuff you dont know about, stuff that affects their mood.
things aren't always taken as meant.
....watch what you say
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
have i told you that i like you?
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment