Sunday, December 17, 2006

Travis Time

This weekend I was able to spend heaps of time with Travis
We went to Joey's in Eau Claire. We had a very overly attentive server who bordered on nosy. What brings you to Eau Claire Joey's? What are you reading? Are you training to work here?
How's your food? Does it taste better with the tomatoes? What size bra do you wear?

I have never known a server to care so much, but at the same time, appear like she could not be more bored. Good work Colby.

Saturday I slept in. This is strange for me, because I am almost always awake by 830 and usually get up and never seem to make it back to bed, although the intention is ALWAYS there.
But Saturday. I went back to bed, glorious bed, and I stayed there until 1230. Glorious.

Then I got up, joined Travis yet again, and went on a secret rendezvous lunch as an undercover diners. It was fun knowing that our server, thought we were just normal people, dining, but really, we were watching his every move, judging him as we were once judged, remembering all of the injustices of our youth, with longing in our eyes.
The secret lives of servers.

Watch for the book. Coming soon from Best Selling Author, Travis John Robertson, of Trochu, Alberta. It tells tales of beer, and burgers, and days when there are no burgers, and only flat beer. The insider secrets of how to advance yourself at the cost of others. Dramatic. Gripping. Do NOT miss this one.

We braved the mall, worried before we got there that we would be trampled like Hippos in heat. fighting our way for the last scraps of junk at Zellers, hoping that our families would like the last half, the head and one arm, of Tickle me Elmo. We found mostly what we were looking for, wondering why it came to this, all the money, WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN! PLEASE SAVE THE CHILDREN. When really, we complained about the screaming children, hoping they would just shut the hell up and go find your mother for the sake of all things SANE!

We went to a movie, The Holiday, and I dreamed all night, of how I, Joanne, of Alberta, Canada, cold and alone, could find a man like HIM to keep me warm for the rest of my life. I would do anything. Jude Law, for a moment in time yesterday, I LOVE YOU, oh my holy hell. ALTHOUGH, if you looked like THIS all the time. It would have to be over. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!

Sunday, I worked. BAH. but I got overtime. and somehow, it still didn't seem worth it. I have the urge to run, run far away. Anyway

Travis came over again, after I got home from work. And watched our Thursday ritual. the finale of SURVIVOR. and YUL won. and we had wanted him to win since Day ! when we saw how cute him and Becky were. Yay Yul.

and now its Monday. back to work, back to wishing I was somewhere else. I almost always wish I was somewhere else. Although Travis has a good way of making me just wish I was with him. Cuz then, at least I am laughing.

2 comments:

Live Vicariously Jo said...

hey,

swing by to see who commented?

Yea, its me,

but now you are here,

so comment.

and while you are at it,

Donate on my new button, [ sidebar]

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa DONATING IS FUN!

Anonymous said...

This is probably my new favourite entry.

It was an awesome weekend!!

Today for "Monday Sharing" I told the kids about the undercover lunch experience. Hopefully they can all keep things under wraps.

You rock my world!!

Travis =)